Publix, a long awaited neighbor in the Wynwood/Omni areas of Miami, opened their newest store at 17th and Biscayne today. The new store features many extended food varieties, and the aisles are L O N G.
The store opened just after 7AM with lots of Publix managers and staff on hand to help out. I have not seen a Publix with this layout before, so at first finding things will be a challenge for anyone – but there is so much to look at! They have an extensive wine selection, their produce department is beautiful and as far as product selection goes, I can’t even imagine they forgot anything in this new store.
The Downtown Publix is 49,200 square feet of shopping pleasure. In addition to the traditional grocery fare, they have several full-service departments: bakery, deli, floral, fresh seafood and sushi as well as a Publix Pharmacy and Publix Liquors.
The deli will serve traditional offerings such as Publix subs, fried chicken and rotisserie chicken and has been expanded to include freshly prepared foods in which customers will have six culinary venues to choose from:
- Chef’s Selections — chef-inspired collection of appetizers, entrees and side dishes including cedar plank salmon and citrus grilled chicken
- Artisan Salads — artisan salads made with fresh garden vegetables
- Handcrafted Sandwiches — Boar’s Head meats and signature subs also available
- Pacific Wok — featuring Pan Asian favorites like Kung Pao Shrimp, General Tso Chicken fried rice and more
- Soup Bar — featuring gourmet soups daily
- Entrees & Sides — a selection of freshly made entrees and side dishes served hot including brisket and Chicken Parmesan
Welcome Publix to Downtown Miami – the first 1000 shoppers today will receive a lovely insulated, reusable shopping bag, plus vendors are on hand passing out freebies as well like cereal bowls, cans of soda and I received a bottle of olive oil as well!
The new Publix shopping development called ‘18 Biscayne Shopping Center,’ also includes a Wells Fargo, a Publix Liquor Store, GNC and several units yet awaiting their occupants.